Crispy Pan Fried Conch with Citrus Sauce
½ C. spiced rum
½ C. orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 bsp sugar
4 tbsp butter
4 pcs. conch
Flour for dusting
1 egg beaten with 3 tbsp. water (for egg wash)
- Combine spiced rum, orange juice, lime juice, and sugar; reduce on high heat until syrupy.
- Slowly add butter until thick. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Dip conch in flour, then egg wash, then in bread crumbs.
- Cook on medium heat in oil until golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with citrus sauce, and garnish with cilantro.