2 lbs boneless lamb
1 ½ Tbsp brown sugar
1 large potato, peeled and sliced lengthwise
1 large carrot, sliced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 large ripe tomato, chopped
2 tsps salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp cilantro
1 cup hot water
1 cup spring onion
½ cup parsley
5 clove garlic
1 teaspoon thyme
1. Wash lamb with lemon juice. Rinse, drain, peel, wash, and cut potatoes, carrots, onions and chopped herbs. In a food processor, finely mince scallions, parsley, thyme, and garlic. This should produce ½ cup packed green seasoning.
2. Season lamb with salt, pepper, and green seasoning in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
3. Add 3 ½ tablespoon of brown sugar. Once the sugar bubbles and is evenly darkened, add meat. Turn heat up to high and turn meat frequently to coat for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add potato, carrots, celery, onion, and tomato. Continue to cook the meat. Add lime juice and stir every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes.
5. When meat begins to stick to the pot, stir fry for a minute more to allow the flavor to develop.
6. Stir constantly scraping bits from the bottom and the side of the pan.
7. Add hot water and reserved liquid, (if there is any). Mix well. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook until lamb is tender. Adjust seasoning and garnish with fresh parsley
Serve with Rice.