Once again we are visited by Chef Maurice of Wish Willy’s Bar & Grill on Caye Caulker..we need to visit HIM next time…We are treated to the seafood delicacy of Lobster done Teriyaki style with a hint of Orange juice for that Belize twist!
Spicy Teriyaki Lobster with Coconut Rice
1tbsp sesame seed oil
1 large lobster tail
½ cup soy sauce
1 pinch of pepper flakes
2tbsp brown sugar
1/8 cups fresh orange juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp grated ginger
1 small white onion
1tbsp corn starch
½ cup water
2tbsp vegetable oil
1 small carrot
1 small red bell pepper
2 spring onions chopped
1. Heat the oil, split the lobster tail in half and put face down in the heated oil.
2. Brown lobster on both sides until lobster is pink (usually 3-5 minutes).
3. Take lobster out of the pan and put on kitchen paper.
4. Add soy sauce garlic, ginger, orange juice, sugar, pepper flakes and let it simmer for 2-4 minutes.
5. Mix water and corn starch and add to sauce, stir till sauce is thickened.
6. Put the lobster back in the pan, let it simmer for 2 more minutes and take pan of the heat.
7. In another frying pan heat the vegetable oil, cut the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper into thin strips and add to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with white rice and garnish with the spring onions.